For those that like classic comedians
Ledbelly
2005-04-07 16:59:10 UTC
TCM is playing films from classic comedians. Laurel & Hardy last week,
the Marx Bros. tomorrow and WC Fields next week. You don't see these
films much anymore and TCM is commercial free.

You have asked us to remind you that "Horse Feathers" (1932) is
playing on TCM on April 08, 2005 at 09:15 PM (EST). Don't forget to
watch, and thank you for visiting www.turnerclassicmovies.com.
Paul T. Moore
Dixie Normous
2005-04-07 21:48:16 UTC
Post by Paul T. Moore
Any Stooges?
check the bargain DVD bins at walmart, I've been buying them for $5, got
Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, Stooges, Buster Keaton.
Ledbelly
2005-04-08 00:29:20 UTC
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:48:16 -0700, Dixie Normous
Post by Dixie Normous
Post by Paul T. Moore
Any Stooges?
check the bargain DVD bins at walmart, I've been buying them for $5, got
Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, Stooges, Buster Keaton.
Any Charlie Can?

I found the whole collection online for $99, you don't see him on tv
anymore. AMC use to have Charlie Chan festivals but not anymore.
Dixie Normous
Yep, I saw some Charlie Chan.
Spud Demon
2005-04-12 17:16:42 UTC
Post by Dixie Normous
Post by Paul T. Moore
Any Stooges?
check the bargain DVD bins at walmart, I've been buying them for $5, got
Chaplin, Laurel & Hardy, Stooges, Buster Keaton.
I picked up a 2-DVD Stooges there for cheap. Unfortunately, only about 1/3
of it was with Curly. I don't mind Shemp too much, but Curly Joe freakin'
stinks!

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

Dr. Hardcrab
2005-04-07 22:38:06 UTC
Post by Ledbelly
TCM is playing films from classic comedians. Laurel & Hardy last week,
the Marx Bros. tomorrow and WC Fields next week. You don't see these
films much anymore and TCM is commercial free.
You have asked us to remind you that "Horse Feathers" (1932) is
playing on TCM on April 08, 2005 at 09:15 PM (EST). Don't forget to
watch, and thank you for visiting www.turnerclassicmovies.com.
Trivia:

What movie was this line from? (I think I have the quote right)

"No thanks. Three on a midget is bad luck."
harveyb321
2005-04-08 05:20:44 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

I believe that the stooges are shown on SPIKE TV these days. Maybe
Mel Gibson, he 's a big fan I understand, should buy up the Three
Stooges rights with all his money and put out some decent DVD's of the
Stooges, not that cut rate sh8t they sell at the Wallymart. Most of
that's public domain ain't it?

Now you know why Charlie Chan ain't shown on tv no more in this
politically correct age
Same reason the Cisco Kid ain't shown...Oh,Cisco.
Ledbelly
2005-04-08 14:00:23 UTC
Post by harveyb321
x-no-archive: yes
I believe that the stooges are shown on SPIKE TV these days. Maybe
Mel Gibson, he 's a big fan I understand, should buy up the Three
Stooges rights with all his money and put out some decent DVD's of the
Stooges, not that cut rate sh8t they sell at the Wallymart. Most of
that's public domain ain't it?
Now you know why Charlie Chan ain't shown on tv no more in this
politically correct age
Same reason the Cisco Kid ain't shown...Oh,Cisco.
Or Amos and Andy TV shows.

I think I heard the Charlie Chan flicks were pulled because Asian
Americans said they were racist, which they were!
harveyb321
2005-04-08 05:55:17 UTC
x-no-archive: yes

Trivia:

What movie was this line from? (I think I have the quote right)

"No thanks. Three on a midget is bad luck."

Ain't this line from Howard Stern's movie and has to do with the scene
involving hank the angry drunken dwarf and three porn stars?
dudalb
2005-04-10 06:10:00 UTC
The final Twenty minutes of the Marx's "Duck Soup" has got to be the
funniest twenty minutes in film history.
Ledbelly
2005-04-10 18:12:17 UTC
Post by dudalb
The final Twenty minutes of the Marx's "Duck Soup" has got to be the
funniest twenty minutes in film history.
"Duck Soup" is considered their best flic. TCM will be replaying it
6/9/05. If you do a search for "Duck Soup" a page will come up and you
can have them send you a reminder.

http://www.turnerclassicmovies.com/